How do you choose Songs for Worship?
Dr. Jim Altizer, Teacher & Speaker
“Ultimately we must judge worship services by their content not by their style” – Bob Webber
Worship Leaders, Questions to Consider Asking Yourself about Choosing Songs for Your local Worship Service:
- Is it a corporate or individuals expression?
- What is the tone of the song – praise, prayer, lament, remembrance?
- Who is the subject or object of our worship within the song?
- The musical questions:
1. Is this music relevant to your particular culture and context? Does it matches, undergirds or serves the text well? 2.What is the best placement of this song in the service? What’s the purpose of using this song? Why do I want to put these words into my peoples mouths, minds, and hearts at this particular point in the service?
- This question is not added on the video, but I thought it was vivid in the process: Ask the Lord God for directions in prayer? What is the expressed message from Him? Stay within God’s perfect timing for His people?
What have you learned today from Dr. Jim Altizer in three and a half minutes? Choosing Worship Songs is to teach theology to God’s people.
Share your thoughts about this article below. It will encourage others in the Lord, plus I would love to read it. Thanks for your cooperation.
Until next time, continue to be blessed and Praise the Lord!
Subscribe to My Blog!
All rights reserved by Owner. Unauthorized reproduction is a violation of applicable laws.
Please read terms and conditions, before copying and printing blog article.
In general: If you want to use what you learn from my blog articles, pages, and dialogues in communications with people, by all means go ahead. That is what it is for, however there are some terms and conditions to be met first.