Praise And Worship Bible Study
Definition of Prayer and Word Origin
Meaning for Prayer
Prayer definition 1
- a devout petition to God or an object of worship.
- a spiritual communion with God or an object of worship, as in supplication, thanksgiving, adoration, or confession.
- the act or practice of praying to God or an object of worship.
- a formula or sequence of words used in or appointed for praying: the Lord’s Prayer.
- prayers, a religious observance, either public or private, consisting wholly or mainly of prayer.
- that which is prayed for.
- a petition; entreaty.
- the section of a bill in equity, or of a petition, that sets forth the complaint or the action desired.
- a negligible hope or chance:
Prayer definition 2
- a person who prays.
Origin mid-14 century
(prayer origin 1) 1250–1300
Middle English preiere < Old French < Medieval Latin precāria, noun use of feminine of precārius obtained by entreaty, equivalent to prec- (stem of prex) prayer + -ārius -ary; cf. precarious
(prayer origin 2) 1400–50
Prayer is from the late Middle English word preyare.
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Subscribe to My Blog!
What is praise and worship? | Free Praise and Worship Stuff | Bible Study Lessons | Memorization Tips & Pages | Quick Praise & Worship Answers | Scripture w/ Commentary | Praise and Worship Videos
Take Time to Praise the Lord in Prayer!
Dear Heavenly Father God, We thank you on this day, with all love and affection. Honoring You with all respect and praise, knowing that You have been good to me! I have appreciated the seen and unseen dangers that you hands of grace was upon me. Keeping me and protecting me, according to Psalm 91. I will praise You Lord. Help me to forgive my enemies, and prayer for those who will try to do me harm. Lord God I know You are with me. Glory Hallelujah, I thank You I’m under the shadow of Your protection. You grant me long life with Your salvation of knowing Jesus Christ, as the author and finisher of my faith. I choose to walk upright before You. Obedient You, just as child listen to do what their parents tell them too. Thank You Father that my steps are order by Your word and will for my life. I will give thanks in everything. I choose joy for it is my strength coming from You. Bless those who are seeking righteous in your name Jesus near and far way. Amen.
Go Back To the Main PRAYER Page »
You must be logged in to post a comment.