Meaning for Praise
- (v.) To commend; to applaud; to express approbation of; to laud; — applied to a person or his acts.
- (v.) To extol in words or song; to magnify; to glorify on account of perfections or excellent works; to do honor to; to display the excellence of; — applied especially to the Divine Being.
(v.) To value; to appraise.
(v.) Commendation for worth; approval expressed; honor rendered because of excellence or worth; laudation; approbation.
(v.) Especially, the joyful tribute of gratitude or homage rendered to the Divine Being; the act of glorifying or extolling the Creator; worship, particularly worship by song, distinction from prayer and other acts of worship; as, a service of praise.
(n.) The object, ground, or reason of praise.
Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1888 edition) is a public domain dictionary. This dictionary was published by G. & C. Merriam Company. Release to public in 1913.
Subscribe to My Blog!
- You must Develop Your Faith through Praise!
- Yadah, Lifting Hands in Praise
- Todah, A Sacrifice of Praise
- Recognizing God’s Voice through Praise and Worship
- When to Praise the Lord
- Heart Issues? Learn to Praise the Lord
- Take Time to Praise the Lord
- Can You Praise God with a Pure Heart?
- Purpose of Praise
- What is Praise?
Take Time to Praise the Lord!
The Lord our God is worthy of praise. He has comforted us and keep us safe. He is always there in times of need. He will never leave us or forsake his own. Thank God for being is loving child. Praise the Lord!