And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. – Ephesians 5:18-21
I have found a great video from youtube about worship leading in your local congregation. I do not know the name of the speaker, but he has some excellent “pointers,” as the speaker called them. Below is my quick understanding of these important keys of effective ministering that I have written out for you. I would encourage you to watch the complete video for detail explanation of each pointer.
If you know the name of the speaker, please contact me and let me know. I always try to give credit to where it is rightfully due. Thanks for your help.
Worship Leader List of Effective Pointers:
- Keep testimonial, good-feel songs at a minimum; they are not worship.
- Keep talking at a minimum, when the chorus track is interrupted.
- Start worship service on time by honoring God efficiently.
- Place band stage in front of platform.
- Never start worship service with talking.
- Give congregation options; never have the worship be the same each service.
- Be cautious of deadtime; watch for dead music spaces. The enemy loves confusion during quiet times.
- Let the congregation to sing with their understanding and spirit; marinate in the presence of God.
- Courses are pit to high; transpose the music into a key that is comfortable for everyone; easy to sing.
- Learn how to segue between songs; a smooth bridge transition between courses.
- Learn to change music styles – contemporary, gospel, country, hymns, etc; break the monotony; God is fresh and new – music too!
- Consider writing your own courses of songs; heart written musical songs.
- Always finish rehearsal 1-half hour before service begins.
- Singing solos in service is not worship; God like symphony and unity of everyone; harmony.
- Must hear director/leader; instruments cannot overpower director.
- Check volume control; have someone available to listen on each side of the auditorium; balance the sound.
- Invest financially in video and sound equipment
- Consider worship from historical and biblical perspective? Glory of the Lord’s presence filling your local assembly?
In the book of Josephus, Solomon’s Temple: Worship. They had regularly 24 choral groups consisting of 288 musicians for service 21 times per week. Incredibly big in those who are trained to worship God. Dream Big! Do you know that was God’s Norm.Let read 2 Chronicles Chapter 5:13,14: “It came even to pass, as the trumpeters and singers were as one [unity; everything that God does is in unison], to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the Lord; and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of musick, and praised the Lord, saying, For he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever [they had one song only]: that then the house was filled with a cloud, even the house of the Lord; So that the priests could not stand to minister by reason of the cloud: for the glory of the Lord had filled the house of God [this should be our goal].
Share your thoughts about this article below. It will encourage others in the Lord, plus I would love to read it. Thanks for your cooperation.
Until next time, continue to be blessed and Praise the Lord!
Subscribe to My Blog!
All rights reserved by Owner. Unauthorized reproduction is a violation of applicable laws.
Please read terms and conditions, before copying and printing blog article.
In general: If you want to use what you learn from my blog articles, pages, and dialogues in communications with people, by all means go ahead. That is what it is for, however there are some terms and conditions to be met first.